Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wish upon a star


This is the latest piece I've been working on. The owl is from Artex. I found on Flickr posted by Q is for Quilter. Thank you Martha for sharing. I loved the body and expression in the owl, almost cartoon like. I added the moon and star and saying on the bottom for a bit of whimsy.
Still working on the elephant bag. I hate that I gave myself a deadline because that is sucking the fun out of it. I just have to put the straps on and that will take me no time at all. I might do a owl handbag next or maybe it's time to work on a blanket. We have several birthdays coming up that I need to get presents put together for.
We got our Easter Basket swap partners. Queen 2 has a little 8 yr old boy from California and Queen 1 has a 13 yr old girl from VA Beach area. Her mom was the creator of the Primitive embroidery swap I received. How cool is that? Talk about a small world. We have some very cool things we are putting together for both of them and will send it out end of next week. It will be fun.
I know I have said this before but .........I've got to stop buying fabric! It is a sickness. Truly. I do find the coolest things for not a ton and I must admit it is the thrill of the hunt. It is bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dena -- I love your owl! It's so fun to see something actually stitched from one of my posts, and your additions to the design are perfect.

    ReplyDelete