Saturday, November 6, 2010

We're Back

 Did you even know I was gone? We went to Dallas/ Fort Worth and spent a rainy day at the Stockyards. We watched the cattledrive and then ate a great steak dinner.
 Then  we drove up to Ft. Sill/Lawton Oklahoma to see Private Sam Wayne graduate from 9 1/2 weeks of intense boot camp training. I have never been exposed to any kind of ARMY anything, so to learn the terms and language and values was very enlightening.


                          
 He made it through and we are very proud of him. Next stop is AIT at Ft Sam Houston- combat medic.
 Man do they ever look alike. Soulmate is such a proud papa.
                                  
 We got to meet Sweet Miss Katie for the first time and I hope we get to keep in touch. She's a keeper.
I also now have a very healthy respect for the Drill Sergants that get our solders to the point where they need to be. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting and how proud you both must be....my dad was in the AF for 24 wonderful years and my mom worked at Ft Monroe down in Hampton for many years so we have an extra soft spot in our hearts for the military!
    Best of everything to him!!

    ReplyDelete