Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend Recap 8-17

 Weekend started off with some happy mail from my Aunt. Inside were my NaNa's Pyrex bowls. I have an orange one of hers that she gave me when I married Doug and I still have it(20yrs later) and use it most days. To get these bowls is such a treat and make me feel like Nana is close to me. Can't even express how much I miss her.
 Friday night I put some peaches in the crockpot to start a peach sauce. Different than the butter this can go savory or sweet depending on how you want to use it. This morning canned 5 pints of that and yesterday canned 10 quarts of halves. I have to give back the pot I've been borrowing. It's time to buy my own now that I can do this.
 I've also started my Russian doll quilt. It's going to be 30 blocks 5x6 A large lap quilt I think.
 And as always I've enjoyed Nana dog. Taking walks, hanging out in the back yard, lots of snuggles and tomorrow we start our second class. Really love and enjoy our weekend time.

No comments:

Post a Comment